Membership in the Lakes Region Curling Association is open to all residents of New Hampshire’s Lakes Region and beyond who are 14 years of age or older. Membership in the LRCA includes:
- Eligibility to participate in LRCA leagues. (Each league schedule requires a separate sign-up and fee.)
- Accident coverage for LRCA events
- Voting privileges for board elections and eligibility to run for the LRCA board.
The Lakes Region Curling Association organizes open leagues – that is, composed of both men and women of all ages. Residents of New Hampshire’s Lakes Region, with or without prior curling experience, are encouraged to join.
Members may join as individuals, couples, or as part of complete teams consisting of from four to six members. LRCA organizers will undertake to place those without teams into open slots.
Membership begins Sept. 1 and extends through Aug. 31 of the following year.
Participants under the age of 16 are expected to be accompanied by an adult during curling events, and applicants under the age of 18 need the written approval of a parent or guardian.
Joining the LRCA
The LRCA runs two curling leagues each year, a 10-game league in the fall and an eight-game winter league.
Participation in LRCA leagues requires payment of an annual membership fee as well as a separate registration fee for each league. Members may participate in one or both leagues each year.
To participate in the Winter 2017 league, print and complete:
- An adult waiver form or a youth waiver form (age 14-17)
- A 2016-17 membership form ($100 fee, a portion of which may be eligible as a donation on federal tax returns)
- A Winter 2017 league registration form ($120 fee for eight matches)
If you would like additional information or you are interested in working to grow the Lakes Region Curling Association, just use the contact form.
To receive regular updates on the progress and activities of the Lakes Region Curling Association, fill in your contact information in the form at the right of this page.